Very simple, yet this would undoubtedly pass as tres gourmet. You’ll love this Roasted Garlic & Brie Soup recipe!
- 2 heads of roasted garlic (see recipe – ingredients are garlic and olive oil)
- 7 ounces Brie, rind removed and chopped (or less – I recommend adding a bit at a time to taste)
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme)
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped (or 1/2 tsp. dried oregano)
- optional: fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion and carrot and saute for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly until the vegetables have softened.
- Add flour and stir for another minute to combine. Then add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Carefully squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of the heads, and place them in the food processor (or blender). Add in one cup soup mixture and process until smooth. Return processed mixture to pot and add in the thyme and oregano. Bring to a simmer.
- Add cheese and stir slowly until melted. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper (or a tiny dash of white pepper), and serve. Garnish with chopped parsley if you’d like.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious