This easy Roasted Root Vegetables recipe is simple to make, and is made all the more delicious with one special ingredient.
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, quartered (or cut into roughly 1-inch cubes)
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 parsnips, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 small red onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- smoked sea salt
- freshly-cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add potatoes, carrots, parsnips and onions to a large bowl. Drizzle evenly with the olive oil, sprinkle with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper, then toss gently to coat all of the vegetables (being careful not to break up the onion chunks, if possible).
- Spread the vegetables out evenly on a baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with a little extra salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and cooked through, flipping once halfway through cooking.
- Serve warm.