A quick and easy dinner to make use of leftover veggies — you will love this Roasted Vegetable & Black Bean Tacos recipe!
- diced vegetables (I used red/yellow bell peppers, sweet potatoes, poblanos, onions, and mushrooms)
- canola or vegetable oil
- salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- corn tortillas
- black beans, drained (if from a can)
- optional toppings: chopped cilantro, sour cream, shredded cheese, guacamole, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss the vegetables in oil (about 1 Tbsp. oil for every 4 cups of veggies). Then spread out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, and season with salt and freshly-ground black pepper. Roast for about 20-25 minutes, until veggies are soft and have just started to brown around the edges. Remove and set aside.
- Assemble tacos by layering a few spoonfuls of salsa on a tortilla, then layer with black beans, roasted veggies, and desired toppings. Serve warm.
One of my favorite “toppings” is the blend of finely chopped cilantro and white onion. I learned that “street-style” from one of my favorite Mexi restaurants, and it is sooooo good!