These salted chocolate brownie bites are quick and easy to make and are bursting with rich chocolate flavor.
- 1 cup (113 grams) raw walnut halves
- 1/3 cup (50 grams) raw almonds
- 1 cup (190 grams) packed medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Chop the nuts. Add the walnuts and almonds to a food processor and pulse until very finely ground.
- Add remaining ingredients. Add the dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, sea salt and pulse until evenly combined, pausing to stir the mixture and scrape down the sides of the food processor if needed. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand until evenly combined.
- Roll into balls. Use a spoon to scoop the batter into your desired size of energy bites (mine were about 1.5 tablespoons each) and use your hands to roll them into balls. Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate. Use a fine-mesh strainer to lightly dust the tops of the energy bites with cocoa powder if desired.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the energy bites for 30-60 minutes or until slightly hardened.
- Serve. Serve and enjoy!
Storage instructions: These energy bites can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 10 days or frozen for up to 3 months.