This yummy Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies recipe was Ali’s submission for this year’s Food Blogger Cookie Swap! #fbcookieswap
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (or unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder )
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 ounces coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chocolate chips
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Melt coarsely chopped chocolate with the butter in a small heatproof bowl in a double-boiler or in the microwave, stirring frequently.
- Once melted, transfer chocolate mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Round batter into heaping tablespoon-fulls, and place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle each ball of dough with a pinch of sea salt. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces begin to crack, about 12-15 minutes. (**Do not overbake these, or they will totally dry out!**) Transfer on parchment to wire racks and let cool.
- Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 3 weeks.
Double chocolate cookie base recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.