This Saucy Thai Curried Peanut Noodles is made with the yummiest creamy coconut curry peanut sauce and your choice of noodles, veggies and protein.
Noodle Stir-Fry Ingredients:
- 8 ounces thin rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces (or whatever protein* you prefer)
- 4 to 6 cups sliced veggies (I used a mix of broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, onion and bell peppers)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely-minced fresh ginger
- toppings: lots of chopped fresh cilantro and/or Thai basil, chopped peanuts, fresh lime wedges
Curried Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- Make the sauce. Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Cook the noodles. Cook the noodles just shy of al dente, according to package instructions. Drain the noodles and set aside until ready to use. (If the noodles are ready considerably earlier than your veggies, I recommend briefly tossing the noodles with a drizzle of oil to prevent them from sticking to one another.)
- Stir-fry the chicken (or other protein). Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the sliced chicken and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a clean plate and set aside.
- Sauté the veggies. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the hot pan along with the veggies. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they nearly reach your desired level of doneness. Add in the garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine. Add the sauce, cooked chicken and cooked noodles to the pan and toss the mixture for about 1 minute, until thoroughly combined.
- Season. Taste and season the noodles with salt, pepper and/or extra lime juice as needed.
- Serve. Serve immediately, garnished with lots and lots of fresh toppings, and enjoy!