This Sesame Chicken Salad recipe is perfectly crunchy, creamy, sweet, savory, and tossed with a yummy sesame vinaigrette.
- 1 (14-ounce) bag coleslaw (or 7 cups shredded cabbage)
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup loosely-packed chopped cilantro
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling.
Sesame Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed or minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- a few twists of freshly-cracked black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl (or shake together in a mason jar) until combined.
- Toss the salad: Combine the coleslaw, chicken, cilantro, green onions, almonds, carrots and avocado togehter in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with the vinaigrette, and toss until combined
- Serve: Serve the salad immediately, sprinkled with sesame seeds as a garnish.