This Sesame Noodles with Broccoli and Almonds recipe is ready to go in about 20 minutes, and is full of the BEST fresh and zesty flavors!
Sesame Noodles with Broccoli and Almonds Ingredients:
- 1 pound (16 oz.) uncooked linguine (or any noodles, such as rice noodles, soba noodles, lo mein noodles, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 3–4 cups chopped broccoli florets (about 1 medium head of broccoli)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly-sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Blue Diamond Almonds (I used the Wasabi and Soy Sauce variety)
- 1 batch Sesame-Soy Vinaigrette (see below)
- optional garnishes: thinly-sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, coarsely-ground black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes
Sesame-Soy Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or hot chili oil
To Make The Noodles:
- Cook noodles al dente in a large stockpot of salted water according to package instructions. Drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, as the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli florets and season with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Saute, stirring once a minute or so, for 4-5 minutes until it is slightly charred around the edges and cooked through. Stir in the garlic and continue sauteing for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the garlic is cooked and fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the pasta is drained, return it to the large stockpot, and stir in the cooked broccoli and garlic, almonds, and sauce until everything is evenly combined.
- Serve immediately, topped with your desired garnishes. Or refrigerate the noodles in a sealed container for up to 3 days. (This dish is also awesome when served chilled.)
To Make The Sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Set aside.