This skinny margarita recipe is lightened up with fresh orange juice and always tastes so delicious!
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila blanco
- 1 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons agave nectar, for sweetener (optional)
- lime wedge and coarse salt for rimming the glass (optional)
- Salt the rim (optional). Run a lime wedge (the juicy part) around the top rim of your serving glass. Fill a shallow bowl or plate with salt, then dip the rim until it is covered with your desired amount of salt. Set aside.
- Make the margarita mix. Add tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and a few ice cubes to a cocktail shaker. Shake or stir vigorously for about 10 seconds to chill. Give the mix a quick taste and stir in your desired amount of agave if you would like a sweeter drink.
- Serve. Fill the prepared serving glass with ice. Strain in the margarita mix, garnish with a lime slice, serve and enjoy. Cheers!
Recipe edit: This recipe was edited slightly in January 2022.