This classic slow cooker creamed corn recipe tastes deliciously rich and creamy, and it’s super-easy to make in the Crock-Pot (or on the stovetop). See notes above for possible ingredient add-ins.
- 4 (15-ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained (or 2 pounds frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed and drained)
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, diced
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, diced
- optional: 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper, to taste
- Combine ingredients. Combine corn, cream cheese, milk, butter, honey (if using), and a pinch of salt and pepper in the bowl of a small slow cooker. Stir briefly to combine.
- Slow cook: Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours*, until the cream cheese and butter are melted. (I recommend checking the corn every 30-45 minutes or so to give it a stir and ensure that it does not accidentally burn.)
- Stir and season. Stir the mixture until combined. Then taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve. Serve warm and enjoy!
*Cook Time: Slow cookers can vary significantly in terms of their heat levels. So I always recommend keeping a close eye on creamy recipes, such as this one, to ensure that it does not accidentally scorch.