This slow cooker turkey taco chili recipe only takes minutes to prepare, and is the perfect warm (and simple!) comfort food for chilly days.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 medium red or yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 cup beer or chicken broth
- 1 packet (¼ cup) Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips or strips, thinly-sliced green onions, sour cream, salsa, etc.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and saute until completely browned, about 6-8 minutes, using a spoon to stir and break up the meet as it cooks. Drain the cooked turkey of any excess liquid, then transfer the turkey to the pot of a slow cooker.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (minus the toppings), and stir to combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, until the soup is cooked through.
- Serve warm, garnished with optional toppings if desired.