My twist on the classic grilled cheese recipe – Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese with Apples and Bacon! Be sure to try it out.
- smoked gouda cheese (optional: cut into small pieces)
- apples, cored and very thinly sliced
- favorite bread
- 3 strips of turkey (or regular) bacon, cooked and cut in half
- butter (whatever kind you prefer – I used Smart Balance)
- Preheat grill pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Arrange half of the cheese slices on the un-buttered side of once slice of bread. Then layer on the bacon, sliced apples, and finally the other half of the cheese carefully on top. Top with the other slice of bread, and gently transfer to the skillet.
- Cook sandwich on both sides until golden brown and the cheese has begun to melt, about 2-3 minutes per side.