You will love this Spiced Cocoa Roasted Almonds recipe! So simple to prepare these absolutely irresistible treats!!!
- 3 cups whole almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla bean paste
- Few drops of water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder (I prefer dark cocoa powder, but whatever works!)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (**see tip below**)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg white, vanilla bean paste, and a few drops of water in a mixing bowl. Beat mixture until it is light and frothy. Add the almonds and toss to evenly coat with the egg white mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugars, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt. Whisk together very well, being sure to remove any lumps. Add the almonds, and toss to coat. Spread the coated almonds out on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 30 – 40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Keep a close watch on the almonds because they will burn quickly.
- Once the almonds are done, spread them out on a large piece of parchment or waxed paper until they have cooled completely. Store in an airtight container.
Feel free to also control how spicy you would like them to be. I added the full teaspoon of cayenne, and they definitely had a little kick. So if you’re not a fan of spicy, I’d just add the 1/2 teaspoon.