- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 100% grapefruit juice*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1 to 3 slices fresh jalapeño
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) ginger beer*
- Muddle the lime and jalapeño. Add the grapefruit juice, lime juice, mint and jalapeño slices to a cocktail shaker.* Use a muddler or a wooden spoon to gently muddle the mint and jalapeño into the juices.
- Combine. Add the ice to a copper mug or large cocktail glass. Strain the grapefruit juice mixture over the ice. Top with the ginger beer and briefly stir to combine.
- Garnish and serve. Garnish the drink with an extra citrus slice, jalapeño, and/or a sprig of fresh mint and enjoy! Cheers!
Grapefruit juice and ginger beer: As mentioned above, I recommend using 100% pure grapefruit juice and a minimally-sweet brand of ginger beer to keep this cocktail nice and tart and not overly sweet.
Cocktail shaker alternative: If you don’t own a cocktail shaker, feel free to just use a mason jar or a glass to muddle the juices, then strain into your serving glass.