This Caprese Pasta Salad recipe is super quick and easy to make ahead of time and always a crowd favorite.
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (any shape will do)
- 1 dry pint (10 ounces) cherry tomatoes, halved (I used a mix of red and yellow)
- 8 ounces pearl mini mozzarella balls*
- 1/3 cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- fine sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta. Cook the pasta in a large stockpot of generously-salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta in a strainer and rinse under cold water for about 1 minute, gently tossing the pasta until it is no longer hot.
- Toss the pasta salad. Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper and toss until evenly combined.
- Season. Taste and season with extra balsamic, salt and/or pepper, if needed.
- Serve. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Mozzarella: Alternatively, you can buy a large 8-ounce ball of fresh mozzarella and dice it into small pieces.
Recipe edit: This recipe was edited to include less pasta and a simpler balsamic dressing in 2022.