This Caprese Pasta Salad is quick and easy to make, it’s tossed with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette, and it’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, or just any normal weeknight meal.
Caprese Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- 1 pound dry pasta (any shape will do)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (I used a combination of red/yellow cherry tomatoes)
- 1 (8 oz) ball of fresh mozzarella, diced (or you can use the brick of cheese)
- 1/3 cup julienned or shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1 batch balsamic vinaigrette (see below)
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- pinch of Italian seasonings (store-bought or homemade)
To Make The Caprese Pasta Salad:
- Cook the pasta in a large stockpot of generously-salted water al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water for about 20-30 seconds until no longer hot.
- In a large serving bowl, toss pasta with the remaining ingredients until combined.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
To Make The Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.