Voila! A vivid, fresh, creamy, and completely addictive spread is yours to be enjoyed! You’ll love this Sweet Pea & Ricotta Crostini recipe!
- 1 baguette (sliced thin on a diagonal)
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup ricotta (I used low-fat)
- 1 scallion (green onion), cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 ounce Parmesan, cut into pieces (plus more grated Parmesan for topping)
- one squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Toast until golden, about 10-12 minutes. (Watch carefully so they don’t burn!)
- Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with the metal blade, puree the peas, ricotta, scallion, and Parmesan with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, salt (about 1/2 tsp.), and pepper (about 1/4 tsp.), scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally, until the Parmesan is broken down and the mixture is nearly smooth.
- Spread the pea mixture on the crostini and top with grated Parmesan, if desired.