These delicious tequila lime chicken kabobs are quick and easy to make, perfect for cooking on the grill or in the oven, and so tasty!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil (or any high-heat oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- wooden* or metal skewers
- salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- (optional topping: finely-chopped fresh cilantro leaves)
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, mix together garlic, lime juice, tequila, oil, black pepper, cumin and salt until combined. Add chicken breast pieces, and toss until evenly coated. Cover or seal, and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag, and discard the leftover marinade. Thread chicken onto skewers*, then season the chicken with a few extra pinches of salt and pepper. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove and serve immediately, garnished with fresh cilantro if desired.
- *If using wooden skewers, be sure to completely soak them in water for at least 10 minutes before threading on the chicken. This will help prevent them from burning.