This 20-Minute Teriyaki Chicken recipe is quick and easy to make, naturally-sweetened with honey, and so flavorful!
20-Minute Teriyaki Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 batch teriyaki sauce (see below)
- optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, thinly-sliced green onions
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
To Make The 20-Minute Teriyaki Chicken:
- Season the chicken with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside.
- Meanwhile, as the chicken is cooking, prepare your teriyaki sauce.
- Once the chicken is ready to go, pour the teriyaki sauce over it, then toss to combine until the chicken is evenly coated. Continue cooking until the sauce reaches a simmer and thickens.
- Remove from heat, and serve immediately, garnished with optional toppings if desired.
To Make The Teriyaki Sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.