Arugula is the star ingredient in this delicious red sangria!
- 2 (750 mL) bottles dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 pound DOLE strawberries, hulled and halved
- 3 oranges, thinly sliced
- 3 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 4 cups DOLE fresh arugula
- (optional) 1 can lemon-lime soda
- Stir together wine, brandy, sugar and orange liqueur in large pitcher, until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the arugula, and use a wooden spoon to mull (crush) the arugula so that the flavor is released. Add strawberries, lime, lemon and orange to the wine mixture, and lightly mull the fruit to release juices.
- Cover and refrigerate for anywhere from 2-24 hours. Stir in soda if desired, then strain and serve over ice.
*If serving to a large group of people, I highly recommend making a double batch.
Recipe slightly adapted from Dole.