This delicious Tilapia With tomato-Herb Pan Sauce recipe can help you find a home for those fresh tomatoes and herbs. The sauce is amazing!
- 2 tilapia filets
- salt and pepper
Tomato-Herb Pan Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano, minced
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes (about 12 oz.)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Season both sides of the tilapia filets with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash together the butter, garlic, oregano, and paprika until evenly mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the oregano butter with the olive oil. Place the tilapia filets in the skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer to a plate, tent with foil, and set aside.
- Increase the heat to high and add the tomatoes to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to char and burst, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining butter mixture to the pan. Crush the tomatoes slightly to release their juices and continue stirring until the butter is melted. Add the wine or broth to the pan, scraping the bottom to loosen the browned bits. Cook for a minute more until well blended.
- Transfer the tilapia to serving plates, and top with the pan sauce. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
To make this with chicken, Bon Appetit recommended seasoning 2 chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and cooking them covered in a skillet on medium-high for about 5 minute per side (until no longer pink in the middle).
This sauce would also be delicious over eggplant or portobello mushrooms!
Adapted from Bon Appetit (July 2011) and Annie’s Eats.