This Toasted Almond and Chipotle Guacamole recipe is easy to make in about 10 minutes, and it’s absolutely IRRESISTIBLE.
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 chipotles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- dash of cumin
- 1 cup toasted* slivered almonds, divided
- (Optional: 1 roma tomato, cored and chopped)
- Mash together avocados, chipotle, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, cumin with a fork until well-mixed. Stir in 2/3 cup of the toasted almonds and chopped tomato (if using) until combined. Garnish with the remaining toasted almonds.
- Serve immediately, or cover the bowl with plastic wrap (so that the plastic is literally touching the entire top layer of the guacamole, to prevent any air getting in and browning the avocado) and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Inspired by La Condesa.