Tortellini With Balsamic Brown Butter Recipe! This pasta dish is classy, easy to prepare and so delicious!
- 18 to 20 ounces store-bought tortellini or ravioli (pick your favorite flavor!)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or pine nuts)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of generously-salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions (generally about 2-3 minutes until tender, but still firm to the bite), stirring occasionally. Drain the tortellini.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook the butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the foam subsides, and the butter begins to turn a golden brown (and begins to give off a nutty aroma) turn off the heat and remove from the burner. Let cool for about 1 minute. Then gradually (and very carefully!) stir in the balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the ravioli to the pan saucepan with the balsamic brown butter and gently stir until combined. Sprinkle nuts and Parmesan over the top. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Giada DeLaurentiis