Your trail mix just turned into cute and delicious little energy bites!
- 1 cup whole grain crispy puffed rice cereal or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. (This step is important — it makes the mixture easier to shape.)
- Remove and shape into small 1-inch balls, or press into the bottom of a parchment-lined baking pan to make granola bars.
- Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
- **It is not essential that these be refrigerated, but it helps the balls to keep their shape.