You’ll love the flavorful twist this Wasabi Smashed Potatoes Recipe adds to your favorite American classic!
- 3 lbs. Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 Tbsp. butter (I used SmartBalance)
- 1/2 cup warmed milk
- 1 Tbsp. wasabi paste (add more/less to taste!)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 scallions, diced, and root end trimmed
- salt + pepper
- Place potatoes, garlic and salt in large saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are done (when a fork can easily be inserted into them). Drain well.
- Add the butter, milk, wasabi paste, and soy sauce. Use a potato masher to mash well and combine. Then with a wooden spoon, mix in scallions and continue mixing to your desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is adapted from Rachael Ray