Great recipe for watermelon lemonade!
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh watermelon puree, strained through a coarse strainer to remove seeds
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (created by boiling 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup sugar together until sugar is dissolved)
- 2 cups cold water
- Stir everything together, and serve over ice. Feel free to garnish with lemon or watermelon slices, and/or mint!
- Sugar free: Any number of artificial sweeteners would work well here. (And many do not need to be boiled to dissolve, so you could just add them in directly.)
- Herbal: For an extra kick, add a sprig of fresh rosemary or mint leaves into the water as you boil the simple syrup.
- Bubbly: Substitute setlzer or sparkling water (or champagne!) for some extra fizz!
- Mixed: Substitute some vodka or other mixer of choice to kick it up a notch!
- Frozen: I imagine this would be fantastic as a slush! Or, it freezes nicely into sweet little popsickles or ice cubes. :)
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen