This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Exciting news, guys!
I am happy to announce that we are officially looking to add a new member to our little team here at Gimme Some Oven. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who loves food and loves making videos, and thus, would love to come help us make so many food videos. We’re hiring a part-time video producer!
Many of you know that I actually do quite a bit of video work for our local tv stations and a few clients on the side. But I have been woefully behind in getting step-by-step recipe videos rolling here on the blog, which many of you have been requesting. Plus I also have a handful of other video ideas (ahem, maybe finally launching that “Ask Ali” vlog?) that I have been wanting to try out for awhile.
So…who wants to come make some videos together? ?????
If you’re interested, check out the full job posting is below. Or, if you happen to know someone whom you think might be interested, please share and forward this post! I’m pretty excited about this. So, many thanks to all of you in advance, and stay tuned for some great new videos coming soon!
Position: Video Content Producer
Location: Ali’s studio in downtown Kansas City, Missouri
Hours: 20 hours/week (flexible scheduling within the M-F, 8-5 timeframe), although more work hours/week may be available if the applicant is interested
Start date: Ideally August or September 2016
- Produce step-by-step recipe videos from start to finish — everything from planning and storyboarding the video, to shopping for the ingredients and supplies, to cooking and shooting the recipe, to editing and uploading the video, etc.
- Possibly collaborate on and produce other video projects for the blog as they arise
- Must be comfortable designing, shooting and editing simple videos
- Must have a basic knowledge of cooking and be comfortable following recipes
- Must have your own laptop (and if you have a video camera and editing software, that would be a huge plus, although it’s not required)
- Must be someone who is:
- creative and loves to learn
- efficient and can meet deadlines
- a self-starter and can work well independently, yet also enjoys collaborating as working as part of a team
- friendly and fun to be around (and who’s down with having my 4-legged crumb catcher sniffing around your feet all day long) :)
How To Apply:
- Produce a 1-minute step-by-step recipe video of any Gimme Some Oven recipe, upload the video to Google Drive, and email a link of the video to alisonebright (at) gmail (dot) com with the subject line “Video Content Producer Application”
- I am looking for a step-by-step Tasty-style video, preferably using text to detail ingredient amounts, etc.
- Don’t worry about purchasing dishes or props that match the blog; videos will eventually be shot using equipment from my kitchen; I’m mainly interested in seeing your video production skills
- In addition to the video link, please email your resume, desired hourly rate, and 5 reasons you’d love this job to alisonebright (at) gmail (dot) com.
- Applications must be submitted by August 12, 2016.
Oh my goodness!!! I’m a pro at Premier Pro editing software but I live in FW, Texas!!!! I would LOVE to work for you. We could have so many brainstorming sessions over at Q39! :)
Looking forward to some fabulous GSO videos!
Way to go Ali! Super excited about your new adventure. I’m looking forward to the videos. :)
Awesome!!! I’ve been hoping you would make some videos!
So excited for this! Exploring video can be intimidating, I haven’t ventured into it yet for my own blog, so super smart to hire someone to help!
If you move to DFW, Texas I will bribe you to get the job :)
Ha, I did live there for a summer once! ;)
I’m almost finished with the video I’m editing! Will be submitting my application very soon! :)
https://twodonate.org Its a shame my cousin Tom lives Maryland, he would have been great for this job.
Hey Ali, I’m a professional photography & digital media production student at UCM and I’d love to apply however, I’m currently enrolled in school so my hours would be evenings and weekends primarily. Would you like me to apply anyway?
Hey Casey! Unfortunately, I don’t think night and weekends will work. We’re looking for someone during regular M-F work hours. But thanks so much for expressing interest! Wish you all the best!