Beer bread goes Italian with delicious garlic and herbs!
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 4 Tbsp. (half stick) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic, sugar, baking powder, salt, rosemary, thyme and oregano. Gently stir the beer into the dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan, using a spoon to be sure that it evenly coats the bottom of the pan. Then transfer the bread batter to the pan and use a spoon to spread it out even. Pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter, using a pastry brush or spoon to spread it around evenly on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve immediately.