Raw zucchini ribbons pair perfectly with an easy raw marinara sauce.
- 3 zucchini, stems removed
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- (optional) 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- quarter of a white onion, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, packed
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (use more/less to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-cracked black pepper
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the zucchini into long ribbons. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the remaining ingredients and pulse until blended. Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the zucchini topped with marinara sauce.