This recipe for 10-Minute Pineapple Black Bean Tostadas is SUPER quick and easy to make, full of a great balance of sweet and salty flavors, and it’s perfect for an impromptu vegetarian dinner or snack.
- 1 (12-count) package Old El Paso Tostada Shells
- 2 (16-ounce) cans Old El Paso Black Bean Refried Beans
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 batch pineapple salsa (see below)
- crumbled queso fresco
Pineapple Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- ⅔ cup loosely-packed chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely-chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
To Make The Tostadas:
- Place a tostada shell on a flat work surface. Carefully spread a large spoonful of the refried beans evenly on top of the tostada. Top with a few slices of avocado, then add on a large spoonful of pineapple salsa. Sprinkle with a pinch of queso fresco.
- Serve immediately.
To Make The Pineapple Salsa:
- Toss all ingredients together until combined.