Fresh arugula makes a delicious simple pesto!
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 5 ounces baby arugula, washed
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving
- juice of half a lemon
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta in generously-salted boiling water until al dente according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, pulse together arugula, garlic, 2/3 cup pine nuts, Parmesan and lemon juice in a food processor until combined. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to pulse the pesto until it is incorporated.
- When the pasta reaches al dente, drain the pasta. Then immediately toss with pesto, and remaining pine nuts. Serve immediately, sprinkled with extra Parmesan.
- This pasta would also be delicious served with grilled shrimp or chicken.