Simple baked salmon is served with mildly-spiced lentils. A healthy and delicious dish!
- 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 salmon filets
- half a red onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat broiler. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then mist with oil or cooking spray.
- Place salmon filets on the baking sheet, and brush each with about 1 teaspoon of the oil. Season liberally with salt and black pepper. Broil for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through. (Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your salmon.)
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced red onion and saute for 2 minutes until partially cooked. Add the lentils, cumin, coriander, black pepper and salt, and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the lentils are heated through. Remove from heat and stir in fresh cilantro.
- Serve lentils topped with the fresh salmon, sprinkled with the juice from the lemons to taste.