The easiest way to cook shrimp — pop it in the oven! This delicious baked shrimp recipe is always a winner, it only takes 10 minutes total, and it’s easy to customize with whatever seasonings you love.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on or off)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or your preferred high-heat oil)
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the broiler on your oven. Arrange the baking rack about 5 inches away from the top heating element.
- Place shrimp in a large mixing bowl, and pat dry with paper towels. Add oil and toss until the shrimp are evenly coated.
- Transfer the shrimp to a large baking sheet, and arrange in an even layer. (Be sure that the shrimp do not overlap.) Season generously with salt and pepper, and any other desired seasonings.
- Broil for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp are bright reddish-pink and opaque. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve warm. Or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.