This banana baked oatmeal cups recipe is easy to make and perfect for healthy grab-and-go breakfasts.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups plain milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon each: fine sea salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger
- Prep oven and muffin pan. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a muffin pan with baking spray.
- Mix batter. Stir all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until evenly combined. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes so that the oats can absorb some of the liquid.
- Bake. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups so that they are full but not overflowing. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of an oatmeal cup comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve. Serve warm and enjoy! To store any leftovers, allow the oatmeal cups to cool to room temperature. Then transfer to a sealed storage container and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.