This Basil Vinaigrette recipe is quick and easy to make, and bursting with the best fresh basil flavor. Perfect for drizzling on salads, pizzas, pastas, soups, grilled meat, veggies and more!
- 2 cups tightly-packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- (optional) 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. If the vinaigrette is too thick, feel free to add in a few tablespoons of water a time and blend until the mixture reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.