This truly is the BEST healthy granola recipe! It’s quick and easy to make, it’s naturally sweetened with (just a little) maple syrup, and so flavorful and delicious. See above for more ideas on how to customize your granola too.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats*
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or your preferred kind of nuts/seeds)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (or 1/2 cup shredded coconut)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit or semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, almonds, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt until evenly combined.
- In a separate mixing cup, stir together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until combined. Pour the coconut oil mixture into the oats mixture, and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the granola out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Then remove from the oven, add the coconut, and give the mixture a good stir. Bake for 5 more minutes, until the granola is lightly toasted and golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire baking rack. Let cool until the granola reaches room temperature. Then stir in the dried fruit, chocolate chips or any other optional add-ins you might prefer.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
*If making this recipe gluten-free, be sure to use certified GF oats.