This Brussels Sprouts Salad is made with a delicious blend of sweet and savory seasonal faves. See notes above for possible ingredients swaps and add-ins too!
Brussels Sprouts Salad Ingredients:
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, shredded (with ends trimmed)
- 3 ounces (about 3 cups) baby arugula,* roughly chopped
- 2 crisp apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces crumbled blue or goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed or minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice (or vinegar*)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Make the dressing: Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl (or shake all ingredients together vigorously in a sealed jar) until completely combined.
- Toss the salad. Combine all of the salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, drizzle evenly with the dressing, and toss until combined.
- Serve. Serve immediately, garnished with an extra twist of black pepper if desired, and enjoy!
Dressing options: This salad dressing would also taste delicious made with balsamic or red wine vinegar, if you prefer to use more of a vinaigrette.