This Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe is a vegetarian take on this classic hot dip, made with lots of roasted cauliflower, and — look out — it’s downright irresistible.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat cream cheese, roughly cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce (I recommend Frank’s)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- optional: 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- optional toppings: extra crumbled blue cheese, thinly-sliced green onions, chopped celery, and/or a drizzle of hot sauce
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, if desired.
- Spread the cauliflower out on the baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to combine until the cauliflower is evenly coated. Then spread the cauliflower out evenly on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Then bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cauliflower is slightly charred around the edges. Remove from oven.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large mixing bowl, and add the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, hot sauce, Greek yogurt, green onions and blue cheese. Stir until evenly combined.
- Oven: Turn oven to 350°F. Spread the mixture out evenly in a 9 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheeses are completely melted and the edges of the dip start to brown. Remove from the oven, and garnish with your desired toppings. Serve warm, with your desired dippers.
- Slow Cooker: Spray the inside of the bowl of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients to the bowl of the slow cooker, and stir until combined. (You can also stir the ingredients together in a separate bowl, and then transfer that to the bowl of the slow cooker afterwards.) Cover and cook on high for 1.5 to 2 hours, or on low for 3-4 hours, until all of the cheeses have melted. Give the dip a final stir, then transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with your desired toppings. Serve warm, with your desired dippers.