You will love this Butterscotch Birds’ Nests (or “Haystacks”) Recipe! Such a creative and sweet treat to celebrate Easter with little ones!
- 1 (12 oz.) bag butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 oz. chow mein noodles
- candy eggs, for decor (optional)
- Line a cookie sheet (or two) with waxed paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, carefully heat the butterscotch chips until they are melted. (I generally microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. And then continue heating/stirring in 10-20 second intervals until the chips are melted. Be careful that they do not burn!)
- Then stir in the peanut butter, and mix until it is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the chow mein noodles and marshmallows and continue stirring until everything is evenly coated.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the waxed paper. Let cool until they are hardened.