This delicious cashew chicken and broccoli stir-fry is tossed with a zesty stir-fry sauce and can be ready to go in just 30 minutes!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
- fine sea salt and white pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 4 cups (12 ounces) broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (with white and green parts separated)
- 1 cup toasted cashews
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- Prep the sauce. Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl (or shake them together in a mason jar) until combined. Set aside.
- Sauté the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and a tiny pinch of white pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add the chicken and sauté, tossing occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
- Sauté the veggies. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the broccoli florets and the white parts of the scallions and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cashews, garlic, ginger and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until the broccoli reaches your desired level of tenderness.
- Combine. Add the sauce and cooked chicken to the pan and toss for 1 minute, or until the sauce has thickened and evenly coated the chicken and veggies.
- Serve. Serve immediately over rice or noodles, garnished with toasted sesame seeds and the green parts of the scallions. Enjoy!