This Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars recipe is easy to make with 7 everyday ingredients, naturally protein-packed and gluten-free, and irresistibly delicious. See notes above for potential ingredient variations.
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt*
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats*
- 1 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- optional: 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (plus extras for sprinkling on top)
- Line an 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Stir the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil together in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches a simmer. Continue to simmer for 1 minute, stirring often so that the bottom of the mixture does not burn. Remove from the heat.
- Add the vanilla and salt, and stir until combined. Add in the oats and almonds, and stir until completely combined. (Optional step: If you would like the chocolate chips not to melt, I recommend chilling transferring the granola to the refrigerator at this point for about 15 minutes, or until it reaches room temperature.) Then stir in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Press the granola firmly and evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. (I use the bottom of a measuring cup to help press it down so that it’s nice and flat.) Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top if you would like. Then cover and refrigerate the granola bars for about an hour or so, or until they are chilled.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan and transfer them to a cutting board. Cut, serve, and enjoy! Or store in a sealed container for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.