This Cilantro Lime Slaw recipe is easy to make in just 10 minutes, it tastes extra fresh and light, and it can work great as a zesty side dish or as a topping for tacos, burgers, sandwiches and more.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt*
- 1/2 cup tightly-packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 3 green onions (just the green parts)
- 2 garlic cloves
- (optional) 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, stemmed and cored
- 1 (14-ounce) bag cole slaw mix* (about 7–8 cups)
- Combine the Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, salt, black pepper, green onions, garlic and jalapeño (if using) in a blender or food processor*. Pulse briefly a few times until the mixtures is combined.
- Place the cole slaw mix in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the sauce on top of the cole slaw, then toss until the mixture is evenly combined. Season with extra pepper and/or lime juice if needed.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
*Greek yogurt: I used plain full-fat Greek yogurt for this recipe. But if you prefer a mayo-based slaw, you are welcome to use mayo instead, or a 50/50 blend. Or you could do a blend with sour cream if you would like an even tangier slaw.
*Cole slaw mix: If you would like to make homemade cole slaw mix, just combine about 7 cups of shredded cabbage (green, red, or a mix) and 1 cup of shredded carrots.
*Skip The Blender: If you would like to skip the blender/food processor step, you’re also welcome to make this coleslaw dressing recipe entirely by hand. Just finely chop the cilantro, jalapeño (if using), green onions and garlic, and whisk them all together with the other dressing ingredients until combined.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.