You will love this Classic Pumpkin Bread recipe! So delicious!
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves (optional)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Grease two 9x5x3 inch, or three 8x4x2 inch, or four 7.5×3.5×2 inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs and beat well; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Alternately add flour miture and water to sugar mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 55-65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center of the loaves comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. Serve immediately, or wrap in plastic or aluminum foil to keep fresh.