This simple couscous salad is made with loads of fresh veggies, chickpeas, herbs, feta and a zesty lemon dressing. Feel free to add in some grilled meat or seafood if you’d like too.
Couscous Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup (loosely-packed) chopped fresh herbs (I used 2/3 cup mint, 1/3 cup parsley)
- 5 ounces feta cheese
Lemony Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons each: ground cumin and ground sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon each: fine sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- Cook the couscous. Bring water and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in the couscous until combined, then turn off the heat, cover and let rest for 10 minutes or until tender. Uncover and gently fluff with a fork.
- Make the vinaigrette. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl or shake together in a sealed jar until combined.
- Toss the salad. Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle evenly with the vinaigrette. Toss until evenly combined.
- Season. Taste and season with extra salt, pepper and/or lemon juice if needed.
- Serve. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.