Learn how to make crêpes with this classic French crêpe recipe! Quick and easy to make, and delicious served with your favorite fillings.
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (plus extra to grease the pan)
- 1 1/4 cups plain milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 fine teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse for 5 seconds. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender, then pulse for another 5-10 seconds or until the mixture is smooth and combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or up to 36 hours.
- Once you’re ready to cook the crepes, melt 1/4 tablespoon butter in an 8- to 10-inch round saute pan over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the chilled crepe batter into the center of the saute pan, then immediately tilt and swirl the pan so that the batter forms a large circle. Let the batter cook for about 1 minute, or until the edges of the batter begin to slightly brown. Then carefully slip a thin spatula (or rubber spatula) underneath the crepe, and flip it to the other side. Cook for another 45-60 seconds, then transfer the crepe to a separate plate and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding extra butter to the pan occasionally when needed so that the crepes do not stick.
- Serve crepes immediately, filled and/or topped with your favorite ingredients.