My dad’s recipe for classic chocolate chip cookies — a winner every time!
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (mini, regular, or chocolate chunks!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat the sugars and butters together until smooth. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda. Stir together the flour and salt, then mix them into the batter. Mix in the chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.