This Easy Blueberry Crisp recipe is simple to make, naturally sweetened with fruit and maple syrup, and topped with a (naturally gluten-free) delicious almond and oatmeal crisp.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds (about 5 cups) fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Prep oven. Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the oat topping. Add oats, almond meal, sliced almonds, maple syrup, coconut oil and salt to a mixing bowl and toss gently until evenly combined.
- Mix the blueberry filling. In a 9×9-inch baking dish, toss blueberries gently with the lemon juice, lemon zest and cornstarch until evenly coated. Sprinkle the oat topping evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the topping is crisp and golden and the blueberries are bubbling up around the edges. (If the topping starts to brown too much near the end of baking, just gently lay a sheet of aluminum foil flat on top of the oat topping.)
- Serve. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let it cool for at least 10 minutes to thicken the filling. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!