This Easy Blueberry Crisp recipe is simple to make, naturally sweetened with fruit and maple syrup, and topped with a (naturally gluten-free) delicious almond and oatmeal crisp.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (use gluten-free oats if making this recipe GF)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups fresh blueberries (or nearly any fruit)
- 2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (about the zest of 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add oats, almond meal, almonds, maple syrup, coconut oil and salt to a mixing bowl, and toss until combined. Set aside.
- Pour blueberries into an 8 x 8-inch (or 9 x 9-inch) baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with lemon juice and lemon zest and cornstarch, and toss until evenly combined. Sprinkle the oat crisp mixture evenly on top of the berries.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the topping is crisp and golden and the fruit is bubbling. Serve immediately. Or let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.