A simple recipe for delicious oven-baked easy chicken chimichangas.
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2/3 cup salsa (drained of excess water, if possible)
- 6 (8-inch) tortillas
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- Optional Toppings: sour cream, additional salsa or diced tomatoes, guacamole and/or fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and mist with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together chicken, cheese and salsa until well-mixed. Spoon approximately 1/2 cup of the mixture into the center of a tortilla. Fold in the sides, then roll the tortilla from bottom to top to make a chimichanga (burrito) shape. Place the chimichanga seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling mixture, then brush the outside of the tortillas with melted butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes until tortillas are golden brown. Remove and serve immediately, with additional toppings if desired.