This simple Elote Dip recipe is everything you love about classic Mexican street corn…in a quick and easy dip! Feel free to adjust ingredient amounts to taste.
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 pound (about 3.5 cups) whole kernel corn*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese or queso fresco
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden and caramelized. Add in the garlic, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and add the corn to a mixing bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to five days.
*Feel free to use frozen or canned corn. Or fresh corn cut off the cob that has been cooked.