This easy pepper steak stir-fry is full of great flavor!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1/8 tsp. coarsely-ground black pepper (or more/less to taste)
Pepper Steak Ingredients:
- 1 lb. thinly sliced flank steak or sirloin, cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced (or 2 regular-sized bell peppers, thinly sliced)
- 2 scallions, sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces, white and green pieces separated
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
To Make The Marinade:
- Add all marinade ingredients to a large bowl or ziplock bag, and stir to combine. Add the sliced steak, and toss in the marinade. Cover/seal and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
To Make The Pepper Steak:
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the sweet peppers and white part of the scallions, ginger, garlic, and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to the saute pan. Remove half the steak from the marinade with a slotted spoon (reserving the marinade) and saute about 2-3 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer steak to plate with the veggies. Saute the remaining steak, then transfer to plate.
- Add the reserved marinade to the skillet and cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Add the steak, veggies and green parts of the scallions to the skillet, and stir to combine. Cook for an additional minute, then remove from heat.
- Serve immediately over rice or quinoa.