This delicious Everyday Mexican Salad recipe is quick and easy to make, totally customizable with your favorite ingredients, and it can work perfectly as a side salad or main dish! See notes above for possible ingredient variations.
Mexican Salad Ingredients:
- 5 ounces mixed spring greens (or whatever greens you prefer)
- 1 ripe avocado (peeled pitted and sliced)
- half a small red onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup roughly-chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- optional: 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese
Cumin-Lime Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (or red wine vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic (pressed or minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder))
- To Make The Dressing: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl (or shake together in a mason jar) until combined. Use immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- To Make The Salad: Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl, drizzle evenly with the salad dressing, and toss until evenly combined. Serve immediately and enjoy!